Thursday 30 August 2012

Movie Thursdays: Heathers

 When I was just a little girl
I asked my mother, what will I be
Will I be pretty, will I be rich
Here's what she said to me.

Que Sera, Sera,
Whatever will be, will be
The future's not ours, to see
Que Sera, Sera
What will be, will be.


High school. Full of different social groups. And a group called Heathers ( 3 girls called Heathers and a Veronica) is one of the most popular group in  Westerburg High School in Sherwood, Ohio.  But a member doesn't like it.

Veronica Sawyer (Winona Ryder) meets a rebel J.D.(Christian Slater) who teaches her a different way to play social politics. 

And that way is the most interesting. Killing popular people and make it look like it was suicide. 

The film is a 1988 dark comedy with a interesting topic. Me and my brother both liked it. I was surprised by the ending. 
I also liked the quotes.

Heather McNamara: Suicide is a private thing. 
Veronica Sawyer: You're throwing your life away to become a statistic on U. S. fucking A. Today; that's about the least private thing I can think of. 

J.D.: People will look at the ashes of Westerburg and say, "Now there's a school that self-destructed, not because society didn't care, but because the school was society." Now that's deep. 


Veronica Sawyer: I just killed my best friend. 
J.D.: And your worst enemy. 
Veronica Sawyer: Same difference. 


And one of my favourites:
J.D.: The extreme always seems to make an impression. 


Source: pictures and quotes are from Imdb.

PS: I know it's not Thursday...but I was on a concert all day, so I couldn't post it....SORRY !

No comments:

Post a Comment