Friday 15 June 2012

My three days in Tuscany

Tuscany, a north-west region in Italy, known for its gorgeous landscapes and its rich artistic legacy.


Wheat fields, a tipical view on the landscape.

I've been there with 50 other students from my school. We went there by bus, so we freezed because of the air-conditioning, we couldn't sleep good and the air in there was horrible. But we still had a great time :)
We stayed in Hotel La Darsena ***, the rooms, the food, the night parties...it was all good, even the waiter was cute.

The program included a visit to Lucca, known for its many churches and the main square - Piazza Anfiteatro, which is a amphitheater surrounded by tall houses. And on the first day we visited the famous Pisa, where is the famous Leaning tower. When we walked there, I just couldn't belive my eyes that I after all those years of looking at pictures, I see it in real life. It was truly amazing. 

Pisa;  Piazza dei Miracoli or Square of Miracles

On day two, we went on a ferry to Elba and spent the whole day there. We visited the largest city on Elba Portoferraio and went from there to Napoleons second residence on Elba, Villa di San Martino. It is actually a small villa on top of the biggest villa. And I find the decorations and the furniture very interesting, I especially liked the mirrors, which were kind of rusty. From there, we went on the northern part of the island to a city Porto Azzurro, where we could eat and take a small jump in to the ocean. We went back on the south, to a small city, which name I don't remember, and took 2 hours, just to relax on the beach to jump in the oceans and get some tan. When it was time to leave, we went back to Portoferraio got on the farry, and went to the hotel to get some sleep.

 Beautiful sandy beaches on the island of Elba

On our last day, we went to Volterra, which was a known an important Etruscan city. For me it wasn't that interesting, but I enjoyed our final destination, city San Gimignano, called medieval Manhattan, because of its high towers. The families build them to show their power and used them to dry the coloured fabric.

In San Gimignano I loved the things they sell, I wish I could buy more, but it was all very expensive, so I took a lot of pictures.












I know I will visit Tuscany one more time in my life, because I want to experience a week in one of the big villas in the rural. If you can go there, GO! You will enjoy very much and visit a totally different world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment