Tuesday 11 June 2013

Gatsby inspired Jewelry Box


Ooooh, don't you just love Gatsby?!
I really need to see the new version...yes, I'm guilty, I haven't seen the new movie, because I haven't had access to a cinema which played The Great Gatsby. But I plan to see it soon!
I saw the 1974 version, with beautiful Robert Redford and Mia Farrow, but it believe that the new one is better.

As soon as I heard that a new movie is being made I was in that obsessed state. And you can imagine how I feel now, when I still haven't seen the movie...sad me :(




The poster made a big impression on me. I became in love with black-gold combination and geometrical patterns. So that's why I made this box.

But as I like everything nice and clean, I didn't make so many lines as on the poster. 



I painted the box black, cut the shapes from golden paper, glued it on and finish with matte varnish.


I recommend cutting the shapes in one piece, because it will be easier to glue it on the box.




I sew 5 felt rectangles with toy stuffing as seen on the picture.







What do you think about The Great Gatsby? Did you see the movie? I'd love to hear what you think about the movie and my little project :)

No comments:

Post a Comment