Tuesday 4 June 2013

Collar Necklace


Hey everyone!

The weather isn't the best, school is going to end, my trip to London is so close and I can't wait for it! :)
But I'm not there yet, so I still can post on my blog :)

What do you think about this necklace above?

I up cycle it from an old necklace and I think it looks quite interesting :)

There are 3 different chains, the biggest is on the outside so it forms a collar, then inside there are 2 pieces of a bit bigger chain and 3 pieces of a smaller one.

You will need:
- chains (every other must be a bit shorter)
- pliers
- wire



All you have to do:
- join the chains in a desired order on a wire
- join the ends of the wire together to form a circle
- do this three times, one for the left side, one for the right side and one for the middle circle
- but be careful with the middle one that the shortest chain is on the top (watch the picture)
- then just join the two circles (left and right) together with a chain that has a jewelry clasp



If you are wondering about these two circles...
I had to use a very small, delicate wire, because that was the only way I could include the smallest chain. I just wrapped the wire around and around and then squeezed everything with pliers.



What do you think about these collar necklaces? Would you wear one? 
Comment below, I'd love to know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment